A Student Success Fee as proposed at California State University, Dominguez Hills, would be added to the mandatory fees that students pay with their tuition each semester, which currently support the areas of health facilities and health services, student body association, the student union, and instructionally related activities. A new Student Success Fee of $560 per year would generate nearly $7.5 million to go toward programs, activities and personnel to support academic success, such as the hiring of new faculty and the addition of new course sections to advance time to degree, more advisers, extended library hours, updated classrooms, enhanced technology, to name a few.
A number of open forums to allow students to hear about and discuss the proposed Student Success Fee have been scheduled for February.
- Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12-1:30 pm at LSU Ballroom B. Free lunch
- Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5-6 pm at LSU Ballroom C
- Monday, February 24, 2014 12-1:30 pm at LSU 2nd Floor Landing. Pizza with the President
- Thursday, February 27, 2014 12-1 pm at LSU Ballroom A
- Student Group Meeting schedule
For more information on the proposed student success fee, visit http://www4.csudh.edu/budget-plan-admin/student-success-fee/index.